Global Prestasi Senior High School (GPS) runs a National Curriculum and also an International Curriculum.
For the national curriculum, GPS runs the 2013 curriculum which combines knowledge, skill, as well as the characters (spiritual and social) into one holistic competency that shapes all the GPS graduates to become a smart, skillful, and kind-hearted individual. The academic process conducted in GPS trains the students to be disciplined, independent, and always willing to maximize all their own unique potentials.
The subjects that we offer are suitable for the students’ need for their future preparation. Aside from the core subjects in the 2013 curriculum, GPS has also enriched the students with some additional subjects such as IELTS Preparation and Foreign Languages (including Japanese, German and Mandarin), one of which each student can choose to learn from their three years learning at the GPS.
GPS really appreciates the diversity which becomes the color of our nation by giving five Religion subjects (Islam, Christian, Catholic, Buddhism or Hindu) in accordance with the students’ beliefs. We always impose the habit of respecting one another, regardless of our ethnicity, religion, culture, and race to live together and hand in hand to reach our goals.
The Global Prestasi School offers the international curriculum by cooperating with Cambridge Assessment of International Education (CAIE) in giving some IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) subjects as a Cambridge Upper Secondary program. IGCSE subjects that we give are IGCSE Mathematics and IGCSE ICT for all grade X and XI students, IGCSE English as a second language, IGCSE Physics, IGCSE Chemistry, IGCSE ICT, and IGCSE Global Perspective for the students who are taking the Cambridge Preparation class. Since 16 October 2012 GPS has become as a Cambridge Centre with the number ID 289.
To support the students’ educational process, the Global Prestasi School also gives many excellent programs such as habituation, life skills, and self-development programs for their actualization.
Habituation programs are:
· Flag Hosting Ceremony every Monday and National days
· Morning Greeting by the students and teachers on duty
· Singing National Anthem “Indonesia Raya” every morning before we start the learning process and National song before we finish the school day in the afternoon.
· Morning Exercise every Thursday morning
· Cleanliness check by OSIS committee every day in the afternoon
Life Skill Programs are:
· Local Immersion for grade X
· Career Camp for grade XI
· Campus Immersion for grade XII
· Field Study for grade X and XI
· Youth Empowerment for all grades
Self-Development Programs are:
· Scout (compulsory for all students)
· Cooking (compulsory for all students)
· OSIS and MPK
· Sports (Basket, Futsal, Badminton, Taekwondo)
· Art (Fine Art, Music, Theater, Modern Dance, Saman Dance)
· Technology (ICT, Photography)
The Global Prestasi School offers both academic and non-academic scholarships for the best grade 9 students who meet the qualification. The academic scholarship is offered to those who have once represented Bekasi for Provence and National level of the National Science Olympiad. The non-academic scholarship is offered to those who have good potential in basketball and singing.